My family has been making this simple dish for the last 15 years or so, thanks to Diana Koeth. Basically, you make a “marinade” of the following ingredients and toss it with the cooked pasta.
- 6-8 oz Havarti cheese (cubed)
- 1 can of tomatoes (drained)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
I know I didn’t give any measurements. The recipe does have them, but I find that this one can be done any which way, as long as you think it tastes good. My mom doubles the tomatoes and cuts back the cheese to make it lower fat, and it’s still good.
- A fresh version by using fresh tomatoes or cherry tomatoes.
- A roasted version by roasting your tomatoes and garlic which is a very flavorful twist.